Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 42: school all day


Today was my busy day where I have classes all day, but I got my midterms today I have 2 B's and a C. I have decided on my project for my textiles class that I will be knitting together and I have some what decided on  my 6 designs. In my fashion trends class I have decided on my individual project we have to come up with a store and designs and mood boards so for my store I will make it about reusing. For example you have an old tube T.V. that you love and don't want to get rid of well bring it to my store and it can be a Fish tank or something to that effect. Say you have all your baby cloths from when you or your children were little bring it to my shop and they could be a quilt. You have yearbook photos that you absolutely love but don't know what to do with them I will make them Iron ons to put on a bag of yours or your favorite comfy shirt... etc. Yep, that is my idea for my store so now all I have to do is figure out who my consumers are and who is my competition?! Another thing with this class that I get to do which is really exiting I get to enter a competition for WGSN which for those who are not aware is one of the leaders in fashion forecasting we get to have our project be somewhat the same requirements as the competition so we could win a layout on WGSN and money or a paid internship, how exiting. Here are the pictures of three of the final garments and what I put together in textiles toady. Tomorrow I have to do my portfolio homework and get packed for... ROME!!!

These are some of my ideas for my
 garment.
This is my first design front and back. It is a
 shirt with crochet chains going around
and then a pair of jeans. The shirt is the
design I will try to complete in 4 weeks.

This is my second design it is a dress
with essentially a square neckline and the chains
on top and then more on the sides and then the
back has a square cut out with the chains through
out there as well.

This is my third design it looks like a Barbie
dress and I love it but is is a tight fitting dress
with the chains and then they go into a halter top
in the back and the bottom of the skirt poofs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment