Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 36: 1/2 way through London and Alternative fashion week

My outfit

The sign for the Alternative Fashion
Week

One of the fashion boothsat the market.
So today I did not have class and had been told about this Alternative Fashion week on Liverpool Street, so I was determined to try to go and see exactly what it is like to be a fashion designer on your own. I want to eventually get to that point so it would be good research and networking strategy to go see this because I might be here one day. It took me a while to find it cause I got so excited about it I forgot to look up the address but I did and it was awesome each designer had their own booth where they put up there samples and their portfolios for people to look at and you could buy there cloths right there. They also had jewelry and accessories that you could look at too it was very interesting to get to see and well worth the effort to try to go. Tomorrow I think I will try to go back to see the catwalk because it stared at 1:15 and I did not get there until 2:45 so I had missed it but I will try to go back to see it. I also could not take a lot of pictures because people started to look at me oddly probably because they knew we looked like students. Anyway I got some cards so I will post the URLs so that you can take a look for yourself. The first one is a Couture face and body wear designer www.jadeandjohn.com if you go to their website you can see exactly what I saw at the show. This is another designer that is based out of NYC who was there she was in the catwalk so I did not see her designs but I just looked at her designs online and they are really good http://www.luciaracekova.com/Site/Home.html. This next designer should sound familiar its the store right down the street from where I live they specialize in making those 1940's and 1950's fashion that people seem to really like here http://www.vivienofholloway.com/en/page/GALLERY/ . This next designer we saw at the show and I like there stuff it looks like my designs somewhat http://www.katiekarara.com/#/fashion-portfolio/collections/. The last designer was also really interesting because he was a knitwear designer http://www.georgestrood.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment