Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 29: Resurch and Homework

This was my new outfit
with new shirt and sweater.

A design idea with a crochet
neck line and knitted bodice and
a woven waistband and knitted fan
shapes on the bottom.

another view of the design
below.

One of my designs with
knitting in the front and weaving
at the waistband and knitted fan
shapes that are sewn on.

My design thought with a
crochet neckline and a
woven waistband and knitting
in the sleeves.

This is one of my designs where
I have knitting wrapping the lower
body.

More of my designs
this is the back with knitting
in the back

South Kensington Station

The tunnel towards the museum
from the South Kinsington.


This is a dress from the
Renaissance period.

This is the dress that inspired French
doors, because the the dress was
so wide on the sides that they had to
make the doors wider so that you did
not have to go through them sideways.
The V&A museum
poster on the way to the
museum












Today I went to school to go get my sketchbook and work on my designs for my textile class.  Thank goodness my teacher picked it up when she saw that I had left it in the class room. When I did the designing I used a new way of designing which was I put my samples on the mannequin and then I took pictures of it and now I will do my design drawings’ from that. It is defiantly a new way of thinking about it but I like it. I also talked to my teacher about the fact that I was unsure if I would get my garment back to take back with me to the states. She assured me that I would get it back either before I left or they would send it to me. I then traveled on the tube to the V&A or the Vitoria and Albert Museum here in London because I need inspiration from a museum for some drawings I am doing for my Portfolio class. I saw some very interesting things now I am back and going to get started on designing and drawing for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment