Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 56: School all day

This is my garment from
the front view. The main
part of the bodice was
kitted from chiffon strips
cut and then knitted together, and
then the chains are crochet
pieces.

a close up of the front

the side

close up of the side

The back

close up of the back

The other side half
of the chains you see
here go around the arms

close up of this side

This is one of the five mood
boards I have to have for my
project. This board incorporates
a trend that is called Hack-tavate
which is the process of taking
items that are not used anymore and
redesigning them into something
useful for today's market.

This is another mood board.
this one is about a trend called
Living design in which
 the industry takes objects that are
very technical and makes them
 more humanistic or animalistic.














Today I woke up at 6:30AM to get to school. In my textiles class we critiqued our designs everyone really liked mine and so after that I worked on my design boards for my line and I talked to my teacher about my Portfolio final project. Then I went to my Forecasting class and we had a guest speaker which was very interesting she work's for a forecasting company here and went to a forecasting show in Florance Italy in January. She was very informative and it was a very insightful class we did a project where we made a color swatch out of swatches she had from shows which that alone was cool because she had so many. Then she looked at my knit ware garment and loved it. She also looked at my trend boards for my class and individual project and she really had insightful comments about them that I definitely took into consideration. Overall it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment