Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 4 NYC: First day of work

Today was our first day of work. We took the number 7 train into the city, and got off at Times Square and then walked to work from that the design studio is on the 12th floor and then we went into the design room and there were cloths every where. It was amazing and the colors that were all around was also amazing. For my first task I did color cards which is when you take actual samples of the colored fabric and put them on print outs of the fabric. Then they needed me to help them clean out winter samples. when a company does a sample they usually do one in each color to make sure that the design will and the yarns they use will take the dye correctly, so when the season is over with you need to clean out all the multiples of that style. After a wonderful lunch of a salad that they take everything you wan in it is chopped together. I went to the cooperate building where I met my supervisor for this internship and then started to work with the technical designers. Where I needed to measure samples to make sure that the manufactures did the sample to the specifications that they sent them. AD samples are to go to the show room which is where I was in the morning to be sold. The other samples that I did were to be looked at to make sure that they were right and then if they are not or if they are they then put them on a fit model to see if they are wrong that maybe they work anyway on the form. At 6:00 P.M.we headed back to the apartment and that night had conversation and played pool. That was my day! I did not really take pictures today because I was just taking it in. I will try to take some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment